Floor mats are safety products, but most businesses’ are not aware of the safety hazards mats can create when improperly installed. Sohn Linen Service would like to present you with a few safety tips that can help prevent accidents.
Entrance Mat Common Mistakes:
- Installing a mat with ripples, curls or torn edges
- Mats installed in a place prone to buckling
- Installing mats on a wet and/or dirty floor
- Overlapping mats
- Installing mats to cover defective floors
- Installing mats to cover cords
- Installing mats on inclines
- Using mats to prop open doors
Properly installed mats provide a safe building entrance! As little as a 1/4 inch rise in a walkway can cause a person to stub their toe, resulting in a trip or fall. Preventing slips, trips, and falls requires a combination of hazard identification and correction.
The National Floor Safety Institute is focused on providing the general public with an educated awareness to the problems of Slip and Fall injuries. There are many preventive measures that can help to avoid these terrible accidents. It only takes one fall to completely alter the life of a victim. For more information, visit their website fallsarentfunny.org
All of Sohn Linen Service’s mats meet NFSI Standards.